Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

I have a series 60 that has sat year or so it will not

Customer Question

i have a series 60 that has sat for a year or so it will not start have fuel all the way thru but seems to not fire any suggestions sam
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Wayne replied 1 year ago.
Hi I'm Wayne
I will help you with this
Being that it sat a year , not running,
Algae has grown in your tanks, and filters,
what steps have you taken to clear this issue up
Let me know
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
filters nave been changed and fresh fuel has been put in the motor shows no signs of diesel smoke
Expert:  Wayne replied 1 year ago.
Hi I am going to Opt-Out of this and send to another expertSorry I could not help you
Expert:  roybelding replied 1 year ago.
good evening my name is ***** ***** I will assist you most likely need new injectors. after this amount of time they most likely are not able to supply fuel into the cylinders. we find that even during an in frame, we have some that fail just because of the down time. the lack of smoke as you stated is an indicator that they are not supplying fuel. Roy
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is***** will be glad to offer some suggestions as well. Check that the check engine light is coming on and cycling with the key on. If not the ECM is not communicating from either a loss of power/ground or a failed ECM. Check the inline fuse and harness between the battery box and ECM. If the check engine light is coming on then watch the tach while cranking to see if it has any movement or response. A faulty TRS or SRS sensor will cause a crank/no start condition.. Also loss of engine speed signal or ECM power will cause the injectors not to fire electronically. Let me know
If you have any logged fault codes in the ECM let me know what you have for codes.