Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technician turned service manager on multiple lines of trucks and engines, used in industry.
30244710

I am a stranded with eaton 10 sp on a freightliner I pulling

Customer Question

I am a stranded with eaton 10 sp on a freightliner I pulling to fuel dock and I hear a big pop and my truck died then I try to to turn it on and cluth very hard to push and when I push it will stay down, now I have to started in gear I don't no what to do or what it is can it be a hose .
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
There is inspection plate on the transmission clutch housing that can be removed. I suspect you will find the release bearing collar has broken or slipped off the release bearing fingers. If that is what has happened, the transmission has to be removed, so repairs can be made. There are no hoses on a standard Eaton 10 speed that have to do with the clutch.