Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience:  ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician
9290743

I have a 2007 freightliner m2-112 driver thinks lightning hit

Customer Question

I have a 2007 freightliner m2-112 driver thinks lightning hit we had a severe storm move thru truck shut down lights wiper & brake lights stay on truck will not turn over & has on dashboard a code nuj-1587 no engine will not let mechanic hookup hand help computer
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I will assist you. Check all the fuses in the PDM, the fuse box under the hood. If they are all good, then check the battery connections. If they ate good, then your driver may be right. You have a connection failure on the ECM and with the tech not able to connect up diagnostic equipment, the ECM is not powering or it has failed completely. I would remove it if all the others check ok and have it bench tested. This will help determine if there is a melted wire on the harness or if the ECM is turly done. I live in a lightning state and get these often. The lightning is so bad in the area I am in that we installed cu off switches on all the trucks to prevent surging on a vehicle if it is hit with lightning. If there is no grounding between the vehicle and the ECM, it won;t burn it up. If you live in a high lightning area, I would install one of those switches. It is just a standard battery kill switch. __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,touch, smell, hear, or taste the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.The system DOES NOT automatically give me credit from your deposit. A rating is REQUIRED. You are rating me for the information I provide,not the website. I have no control over the site fees, site errors, category errors, or how long it took for a response for these reasons.I am not an employee of this website, so please rate with a POSITIVE (green) rating for me to get credit for assisting you. You still paythe website for negatives or by not rating at all. I just get nothing from that payment you made. So please rate each answer I provide.I want you pleased with my service to you so please inform me before rating negative (red) and I will do my best to make it right. Followups for same question are always free after ratings have been made.I do have many workshop manuals, diagrams, etc that I pay to get access to out of my pocket. If one is needed, please ask and I will giveyou an offer at my technician discounted cost to you for such manuals. I never charge above that cost.Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!Jeremy