Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience:  ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician
9290743

I have a Thomas FreightLiner School Bus, 1999, that has an

Customer Question

I have a Thomas FreightLiner School Bus, 1999, that has an issue starting. In the process of troubleshooting I determined that I can remote start the solenoid on the starter and the neutral switch is ok. I know I'm getting power when I move the key to the start position on the ignition but it's not making it to the starter relay under the hood. I likely need a wiring diagram specific to this bus as after checking fuses and various relays I can't pinpoint were the issue is.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I will try to assist you. Do you have the full VIN for this one?
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.
There isn't much for information on these, even on the Freightliner site... I have attached the only starting diagram on the site that Freightliner shows. __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,touch, smell, hear, or taste the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.The system DOES NOT automatically give me credit from your deposit. A rating is REQUIRED. You are rating me for the information I provide,not the website. I have no control over the site fees, site errors, category errors, or how long it took for a response for these reasons.I am not an employee of this website, so please rate with a POSITIVE (green) rating for me to get credit for assisting you. You still paythe website for negatives or by not rating at all. I just get nothing from that payment you made. So please rate each answer I provide.I want you pleased with my service to you so please inform me before rating negative (red) and I will do my best to make it right. Followups for same question are always free after ratings have been made.I do have many workshop manuals, diagrams, etc that I pay to get access to out of my pocket. If one is needed, please ask and I will giveyou an offer at my technician discounted cost to you for such manuals. I never charge above that cost.Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!Jeremy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I do have a VIN number. It's 4UZ6CJAA9XCF55776.

Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.
That pdf I provided is all that the Freightliner site had. It gave no other information. I don't have access to the Thomas Built site, just the Freightliner.
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.
I'm going to opt out and see if maybe another expert might have access. We had a school bus guy that was on here, maybe he is still around and will see this. I will keep an eye on this question and send a request to Freightliner to obtain the actual circuit information on how the ignition signal is routed on that VIN you provided. If/when they respond, I will load it for you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Awesome. Thanks.

Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.
I'm surprised Toby didn't grab this one yet. I've got no response from Freightliner that would help. They only told me that they stopped supporting these vehicles in 2009 and had no info. What they did send me was a full manual and then said god luck. I can attach that for you if you think it will help you out. Let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes that would be better than nothing. Thanks, ***** ***** the delay was out on vacation.

Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

See the additional services for info.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

So I understand what is in this manual? I want to ensure I'm getting something useful for the extra $30.