spankyjr1
spankyjr1, Journeyman
Experience:  I worked on all types of equipment semis,forklifts,farm,ect.
65057319

I have an 07' isx that is running fine. Coolant level, temp,

Customer Question

I have an 07' isx that is running fine. Coolant level, temp, oil pressure are all fine. Something is putting pressure in the crankcase. I'm getti ng heavy white smoke out of the vent tube along with oil. I'm sitting in a rest area trying to diagnose this. Just started out of the blue 5 miles ago. Any thoughts
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  spankyjr1 replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** you for your question.
Disconnect air compressor discharge hose going to drier,,drain all air tanks by applying and releasing brakes until empty,,start back up and see if pressure is gone.
If it is gone (pressure) air compressor blew a head gasket.
If not, most likely a cracked head or blown head gasket on engine.
Let me know if you have questions or problems I'm happy to assist.
Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Disconnected the line. No change. Truck runs fine. No loss of power. No loss of coolant either. Some techs are saying the diaphragm in the transfer pump may have ruptured. Are you still leaning toward a head or gasket? I realize it's difficult to guess what it may be from where you are.
Expert:  spankyjr1 replied 1 year ago.
No on the transfer pump.
Did you drain all air from tanks?
You could have a turbo problem sending boost down turbo drain tube pressurizing crankcase.
Since this is happening all the time,,engine still runs good and no pressurizing of cooling system it sounds like air compressor or turbo.
It could also be rings,,scored piston/liner but usually when you have that it puffs out tube and a miss.
Thanks