Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience:  ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician
9290743

I was driving my 2005 freightliner columbia when I heard a

Customer Question

I was driving my 2005 freightliner columbia when I heard a series of beeps then when they stopped my interior lights and cigarette lighter quit working.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I will try to assist you. Under the passenger side dash is the fuse box. Check the fuses first and see if they are blown. You may have just had a fuse go causing the issue. If not, please explain the beeps. Did the rest of the lights on the truck flash or anything? I'm asking because the only other times I've known of that to happen is there was a bad battery and the internal plate was cracked in one of the batteries causing a short out and another truck that had a bad alternator and was overcharging. It caused the fuses to blow and blow which later cause the truck to have wiring melts. That is why I asked to check fuses first. __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,touch, smell, hear, or taste the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.The system DOES NOT automatically give me credit from your deposit. A rating is REQUIRED. You are rating me for the information I provide,not the website. I have no control over the site fees, site errors, category errors, or how long it took for a response for these reasons.I am not an employee of this website, so please rate with a POSITIVE (green) rating for me to get credit for assisting you. You still paythe website for negatives or by not rating at all. I just get nothing from that payment you made. So please rate each answer I provide.I want you pleased with my service to you so please inform me before rating negative (red) and I will do my best to make it right. Followups for same question are always free after ratings have been made.I do have many workshop manuals, diagrams, etc that I pay to get access to out of my pocket. If one is needed, please ask and I will giveyou an offer at my technician discounted cost to you for such manuals. I never charge above that cost.Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!Jeremy
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.
I see you looked at this. Was any more assistance needed?