Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience:  ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician
9290743

2004 379 Peterbilt power steering pump is getting hot and

Customer Question

2004 379 Peterbilt power steering pump is getting hot and squeeling when we turn left or right. Pump is still working and easy to turn the steer tires. Took pump off and put new oring and the noise stopped for about a day, now it is back.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
About a month ago it was making the same noise. While taking pump off noticed it was loose, I tightened the two bolts and the noise was eliminated. Then it came back on last couple days, I took it off put new oring and it took the noise away for a day and its back again?
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I will try to assist you. Have you changed the filter in the fluid reservoir? If it gets plugged up, it will cause the noise as well. Give that a try and let me know if it still does it. __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,touch, smell, hear, or taste the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.The system DOES NOT automatically give me credit from your deposit. A rating is REQUIRED. You are rating me for the information I provide,not the website. I have no control over the site fees, site errors, category errors, or how long it took for a response for these reasons.I am not an employee of this website, so please rate with a POSITIVE (green) rating for me to get credit for assisting you. You still paythe website for negatives or by not rating at all. I just get nothing from that payment you made. So please rate each answer I provide.I want you pleased with my service to you so please inform me before rating negative (red) and I will do my best to make it right. Followups for same question are always free after ratings have been made.I do have many workshop manuals, diagrams, etc that I pay to get access to out of my pocket. If one is needed, please ask and I will giveyou an offer at my technician discounted cost to you for such manuals. I never charge above that cost.Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!Jeremy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok I will get one later today from peterbilt to see if that works I will update later today.
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.
What was the outcome?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Had to order the filter from shop should be getting here later today will let you know asap.
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.
Ok, I was just curious of the result. Thanks for letting me know. Just reply if needed. Thanks.