Wayne, Journeyman
Experience:  worked on, Gmc, Macks, Freight liner,Mercedes Benz,,Ford, sterling
6825259

Isuzu Npr200: Purchased 2009 npr200 Isuzu, picked up yesterday

Customer Question

Purchased 2009 npr200 Isuzu, picked up yesterday and was informed there is a problem with the key and it like a sticky lock and only starts on random occassions, we have replaced batteries in the remote battery isn't flat and the starter motor is fine, it seems to be more of a connection problem with the key not always engaging properly, like when you have a key cut and it's a bit dodgy and u have to fiddle a while to get it to unlock? Have to do my delivery run today and only have one key so can't lock it and leave running? Any ideas?
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Wayne replied 1 year ago.
Hi I'm Wayne I will help you with this yes until you get ign switch replaced, don;t lock the passenger door, nobody ever checks that , and another thing , is drill a small hole in the lock buttonfor a coat hanger to fit in, leave the window down 1-2" for access to the buttonI know this sounds like far fetched ideas, but they work If this helped you, Please rate my answer3 or more stars If not, please reply for more infoThank you