Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

Sorry it took me so long to get back to you. I just returned

Customer Question

Sorry it took me so long to get back to you. I just returned from pulling a load and it seems to have a little more power than it did but now the check engine light is coming on for 3 seconds and going off for one second. Is this a code?
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Cat Man replied 1 year ago.
No problem. Yes if the light comes on. There's a code. I would like to pull the flash codes by using the cruise control switches. If you have never done this. Here is how.
Use the following procedure to retrieve the flash codes from the check engine light:
Turn the ignition key switch to the On position/ Engine OFF.
Turn the cruise control ON/OFF switch to the OFF position.
Move the SET/RESUME switch to either position. Hold that position until the yellow lamp begins to flash.
The yellow lamp will flash in order to indicate a two digit flash code and the SET/RESUME switch may be released. The sequence of flashes represents the system diagnostic message. Count the first sequence of flashes in order to determine the first digit of the flash code. After a two second pause, the second sequence of flashes will identify the second digit of the flash code.
Any additional flash codes will follow after a pause. These codes will be displayed in the same manner. Flash Code 55 indicates that No Detected Faults have occurred since the ignition key switch has been turned to the ON position.
Let me know what two digit code you get and I can tell you what the problem is.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The Codes are "F9H9" and "F9P8" and the warning light that is illuminated on the dash is the Hydraulics Off Indicator.
Expert:  Cat Man replied 1 year ago.
No problem.
Unfortunately those are not Cat engine codes. Sorry.
Were you able to use the cruise switches to try and pull engine codes?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i am not having engine problems i am working on a john deere 320 skid steer thast is what i needed help with not a cat
Expert:  Cat Man replied 1 year ago.
Oh I see. My mistake. I will opt out and see if a john Deere expert can help.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am working on a 320 John Deere SkidSteere and the (new) lockouts on the hydraulics for the loader will not unlock. The machine will travel forwards and backwards. It has 2 codes in it, F9H9 and F9P8 and has an indicator warning light on in the dash that means Hydraulic Off Indicator. We have changed hydraulic filters and check fluid levels. Seat and seat belt switches are working and switch for when you shut the door on the cab is working.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
are you going to be able to help me
Expert:  go-west.. replied 1 year ago.
Good day What is the make and model of engine your working on andwwhat model of truck is it in?ty