Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience:  ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician
9290743

2006 Freightliner Columbia/MBE 460, displaying fault codes: 128,SID 05

Customer Question

2006 Freightliner Columbia/MBE 460, displaying fault codes: 128,SID 054,FMI 3 128, SID 058 FMI 5 and 128 SID 146 FMI 7 .... Any idea what these fault codes indicate?? Thanks, Mark
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I will assist you. 128 054 3 is the grid heater. click HERE for a diagnostic info on it. I just loaded the whole diagnostic sheet for this one for it can be something short or the whole gris needing replacement. The other codes are pretty straight forward on what they are. 128 058 5 Description of SID 58 - Engine Brake FaultSID 58 indicates that a fault occurred during operation of the engine brake. ‪The diagnostic condition is typically:‪Constant Throttle Solenoid Valve Short to Power (058 03)Constant Throttle Solenoid Valve Open Circuit (058 05)Constant Throttle Solenoid Valve Short to Ground (058 06)This one can be intermittent or constant. You will need the DDDL software to diagnose this one further as well as removing the valve cover. Follow the steps in the DDDL program for diagnostics. Usually when I get this code, either the solenoid needs to be replaced or the harness in the engine. 128 146 7 is EGR not responding mechanical fault. Nearly every single time I have gotten this code, I had to replace the EGR. __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,touch, smell, hear, or taste the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.The system DOES NOT automatically give me credit from your deposit. A rating is REQUIRED. You are rating me for the information I provide,not the website. I have no control over the site fees, site errors, category errors, or how long it took for a response for these reasons.I am not an employee of this website, so please rate with a POSITIVE (green) rating for me to get credit for assisting you. You still paythe website for negatives or by not rating at all. I just get nothing from that payment you made. So please rate each answer I provide.I want you pleased with my service to you so please inform me before rating negative (red) and I will do my best to make it right. Followups for same question are always free after ratings have been made.I do have many workshop manuals, diagrams, etc that I pay to get access to out of my pocket. If one is needed, please ask and I will giveyou an offer at my technician discounted cost to you for such manuals. I never charge above that cost.Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!Jeremy
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.
I see you read my response. Was there anything else you needed assistance with in regards ***** ***** issue?