Cat Man
Cat Man, Cat Engine Expert
Experience:  I am ASE Master Truck Certified.
30708357

Can I put a 7cz ecm on my 6nz motor

Customer Question

Can I put a 7cz ecm on my 6nz motor
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Cat Man replied 1 year ago.
Hi. Thanks for asking your question and requesting me. I will try and help you out.
The 7CZ has different Pistons than the 6NZ. If the 7CZ ECM is out on a 6NZ. It will not run correctly and possibly cause cylinder damage. I am sorry. I wish I had better news.
You can however have the 7CZ ECM reprogrammed to a 6NZ and it work. The 7CZ and the 6NZ have the same ECM part number just different software.
Please reply back if you need more help or have more questions. I am happy to assist.
Expert:  Cat Man replied 1 year ago.
Hey.
I just wanted to see how things were going. Please let me know if you need more help. I am happy to assist. If my information was helpful, please leave a good or higher rating so that I receive credit. Thanks!