Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience:  ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician
9290743

2 injector mechanicl fault. mid128 sid2 fmi7.active. elec

Customer Question

#2 injector mechanicl fault. mid128 sid2 fmi7.active. elec fault active mid128 sid146 fmi5
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  cumminsdr replied 1 year ago.
what is the engine serial number?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
4v4nc9gh65n389884
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I will assist you. I'm sorry your having issues with your Volvo. There is actually a service bulletin on trucks that get the injecotr code after doing an injector swap where air gets trapped in the injector and will cause that fault. Per the bulletin, which I can't locate for some reason, it says that you run the truck for about 10 minutes at operating temp at a high idle of 1450 RPMs to remove any air that is trapped. Give that a try o see if the code will clear. If not, then since the injectors were swapped (at least that is how I understood what I read) then the harness is faulty and needs to be tested. Now if the code wasn't fully cleared, it will still show a failure for you have to clear the code and you have to program the injector to the truck. There is a way to do that with the VCADS program. You put the injector numbers into the injector section on the program and it will set the flow rate and you are good to go. If that wasn't done, it can cause havoc as well. These D12 engines are very finicky when it comes to that. Now on to the 146 code that you listed. That is your first EGR valve. That code says the valve, the one on the front, has failed. You have a mechanical fault (not responding) code so the valve is most likely bad or the harness is messed up at the plug (if it was changed already it is easy to bend the pins in that plug). I would have that valve checked for it can cause all of your performance issues giving the appearance the injector is doing it when it is that valve and the injector code is jut not been reset. __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,touch, smell, hear, or taste the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.The system DOES NOT automatically give me credit from your deposit. A rating is REQUIRED. You are rating me for the information I provide,not the website. I have no control over the site fees, site errors, category errors, or how long it took for a response for these reasons.I am not an employee of this website, so please rate with a POSITIVE (green) rating for me to get credit for assisting you. You still paythe website for negatives or by not rating at all. I just get nothing from that payment you made. So please rate each answer I provide.I want you pleased with my service to you so please inform me before rating negative (red) and I will do my best to make it right. Followups for same question are always free after ratings have been made.I do have many workshop manuals, diagrams, etc that I pay to get access to out of my pocket. If one is needed, please ask and I will giveyou an offer at my technician discounted cost to you for such manuals. I never charge above that cost.Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!Jeremy
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.
How did this turn out for you?