Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience:  ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician
9290743

Having a hvac problem with my 4300 2005

Customer Question

having a hvac problem with my 4300 2005
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I will assist you. Do you have the A/C light illuminated on the dash? With the engine off, key on, press the left button on the sterring wheel down and the right one up. You will get a series of codes on the display. What are those codes? That will help me guide you with your A/CC system. Also, were the pressures in the system checked? Are they good? You mentioned only the defrost works. Remove the panel to access the blower motor area. You have 2 actuators mounted on the left side. The one on the bottom is for the A/C heat. The one on the top is for the defrost, vent, etc. Remove that actuator, have it plugged in, and turn the key on, then turn the blower on, then rotate the functions between vent, defrost, etc. Does that actuator turn? Is it clicking? Is it broken? It may be the issue you are having. Very common for those actuators to go bad and cause the system to shut down and not allow operation. __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,touch, smell, hear, or taste the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.The system DOES NOT automatically give me credit from your deposit. A rating is REQUIRED. You are rating me for the information I provide,not the website. I have no control over the site fees, site errors, category errors, or how long it took for a response for these reasons.I am not an employee of this website, so please rate with a POSITIVE (green) rating for me to get credit for assisting you. You still paythe website for negatives or by not rating at all. I just get nothing from that payment you made. So please rate each answer I provide.I want you pleased with my service to you so please inform me before rating negative (red) and I will do my best to make it right. Followups for same question are always free after ratings have been made.I do have many workshop manuals, diagrams, etc that I pay to get access to out of my pocket. If one is needed, please ask and I will giveyou an offer at my technician discounted cost to you for such manuals. I never charge above that cost.Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!Jeremy
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.
Do you still need assistance with this?