Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience:  ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician
9290743

Transmissions Ford f650: I have a problem with a2008 ford f650

Customer Question

I have a problem with a2008 ford f650 light on shifter not working to know what gear you are in
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I will assist you. If you are shifting normally, then the display itself went out and needs to be changed. Now if the shift patterns are all messed up, then that is a different story and needs more investgating. You didn't mention a shifting issue. Some of the displays have a fuse on the back side of them for powering the display up. It will be a tiny 2.5 or 5 amp fuse. Look on the back of the display and see if yours has one. Otherwise it gets the power from the transmission module and the display just needs to be changed. They do go out from time to time. On that, you might be able to warranty the display. I can;t recall which ones have the extended 10 year warranty, but one of them has an extended warranty because there were so many shipped with faults from the plant and I can't recall if it was the 2007 or the 2008 model year trucks. It wouldn;t hurt to call the dealer wit hthe VIN and ask just in case. __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,touch, smell, hear, or taste the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.The system DOES NOT automatically give me credit from your deposit. A rating is REQUIRED. You are rating me for the information I provide,not the website. I have no control over the site fees, site errors, category errors, or how long it took for a response for these reasons.I am not an employee of this website, so please rate with a POSITIVE (green) rating for me to get credit for assisting you. You still paythe website for negatives or by not rating at all. I just get nothing from that payment you made. So please rate each answer I provide.I want you pleased with my service to you so please inform me before rating negative (red) and I will do my best to make it right. Followups for same question are always free after ratings have been made.I do have many workshop manuals, diagrams, etc that I pay to get access to out of my pocket. If one is needed, please ask and I will giveyou an offer at my technician discounted cost to you for such manuals. I never charge above that cost.Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!Jeremy
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.
I see you viewed my response. Do you need any more assistance on this question?