spankyjr1
spankyjr1, Journeyman
Experience:  I worked on all types of equipment semis,forklifts,farm,ect.
65057319

How do i get brake drum off. How do i loosen break shoes. Have

Customer Question

How do i get brake drum off. How do i loosen break shoes. Have truck running to realease parkin break.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  spankyjr1 replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** you for your question.
Sorry for long delay.
In order to loosen star wheel you must push bar in out of the way and use spoon to turn adjuster,,not easy sometimes.
If adjuster is froze you can't move it.
Most of the time you don't need to do this,, drum is usually rusted in place,,pull axle and wheel bearings,,use a sledge hammer and beat on outside of drum to loosen.
When beating drum hit on one side, then the other,, in 4 spots,,top ,,bottom,,side,,side.
Once loose beat back side of drum to get off.
If you have any problems let me know I'm happy to assist.
You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see,
smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same
A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took
to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me
know if your experience here has come up short.
Thanks
spanky