Cat Man
Cat Man, Cat Engine Expert
Experience:  I am ASE Master Truck Certified.
30708357

MY SHOP HAD A CUSTOMER BRING A C12 IN IN OIL. WE FOUND

Customer Question

MY SHOP HAD A CUSTOMER BRING A C12 IN FOR FUEL IN OIL. WE FOUND AN INJECTOR THAT HAD COME APART AND DAMAGED THE SEAT IN THE HEAD. THE HEAD WAS SENT OFF TO A MACHINE SHOP AND REPAIRED. INSTALLED NEW HEAD GASKET AND CYLINDER HEAD. I CANNOT GET OIL PRESSURE IN THE JAKES FOR THE JAKES TO OPERATE. ENGINE HAS 30PSI AT IDLE WITH MANUAL GAUGE.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Cat Man replied 1 year ago.
Hi. Thanks for asking your question and requesting me! I will try and help you out.
The Jakes get their oil up from the studs on the rocker arms. This is accomplished by the special style nuts on the rocker bolts. They have 3 openings in the nut for oil to pass.
I would remove the jakes and make sure the opening in the jakes is on the stud with the special nut.
Please reply back if you need more help or have more questions. I am happy to assist.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we put the jakes on and the nuts are on the top of the jake instead of underneath........... this makes sense as to why we get no oil out of the nuts on top of the jakes because those are the ones with the three holes in them.
Expert:  Cat Man replied 1 year ago.
Yes the ones with the holes go underneath the jakes. Not on top. If you get them swapped around the jakes should begin working.
Expert:  Cat Man replied 1 year ago.
Hey. I just wanted to see how things were going. Please let me know if you need more help. I an happy to assist. If my information was helpful, please leave a good or higher rating so that I receive credit. Thanks!