Andy, Truck Diagnostic Technician
Experience:  International trucks, International, Maxxforce and Cummins engines, diagnostic, electrical, Hvac and refrigeration repairs
30303843

I have an International 4200 and the batteries were low so

Customer Question

I have an International 4200 and the batteries were low so I changed both of them. Now when the key is turned the engine makes the noise warming up that it always makes before you turn the key the rest of the way but when I turn the key all the way to engage the starter I hear nothing at all so the starter doesnt seem to be getting voltage
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is Andy ! Can we start with the last 8 digits of the vin number please?
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.
Do you still need help ? Happy to assist ! I believe you may have a problem at the battery box area with your ECM clean power feed harness . When the ECM has no power , this is what will happen! When you turn the key on , do you see an engine warning lamp come on at first along with a wait to start lamp?