Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience:  ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician
9290743

F 750 dump truck: I have a 2004 Ford F750 5 yard dump truck

Customer Question

I have a 2004 Ford F750 5 yard dump truck with a Cummins engine. The truck runs really great but the other day it started acting up. The RED stop engine light will come on and I lose all acceleration, tap the pedal a few times and it will go again. Keeps doing this.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I will assist you. Can you get the engine scanned to see what the red check engine light is for? I will say the first things to check on the red shut down is coolant levels and temp, oil levels and temp, and filters. They are the reasons for the red check engine light. There is no other settings on the engine that will cause the shutdown. So check those first and then scan the engine for the stored codes. __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I can't see, touch, smell, hear, ortaste the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.The system DOES NOT automatically give me credit from your deposit. A rating is REQUIRED. You are rating me for the information I provide,not the website. I have no control over the site fees, site errors, category errors, or how long it took for a response for these reasons.I am not an employee of this website, so please rate with a POSITIVE (green) rating for me to get credit for assisting you. You still paidfor negative and no ratings I just get nothing.I want you pleased with my service to you so please inform me before rating negative (red) and I will do my best to make it right. Follow upsfor same question are always free.Thanks,Jeremy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay, I checked all the items you mentioned and they are all fine. I cannot get into a shop because there would be no way to drive the truck unless I have it haulded. It was cheaper to buy the machine to check the codes so I will be in touch after I receive the scanner and can get you the code number.
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.
Ok, let me know. Most importantly is to see what the ICP pressure is at. You need 800 for start, 650 at idle with a hot engine, and 2000 plus on e revved engine. Anything less means there is something wrong on the high pressure oil side. Those numbers and code will be ideal.
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.
I see you viewed my response. Do you need any more assistance on this question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes I am still waiting for my scanner to show up and when it does I'm going to get you the codes you requested. I certainly was hoping that you could give me some information on what it could be and not have to get the scanner but it is what it is. I had to leave the truck down in South Carolina and won't be back down there for two weeks. I Will be in touch
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.
I was just following up. With a red engine code, there is just too many variables as to what the code can come from. I don't want you throwing a lot of parts at it to end up with the the same situation.