Andy, Truck Diagnostic Technician
Experience:  International trucks, International, Maxxforce and Cummins engines, diagnostic, electrical, Hvac and refrigeration repairs
30303843

My 2010 Prostar will never let me do a parked regen.

Customer Question

Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.
Hi there ! Can we start with th last 8 digits of the vin number please ? When you are trying to do a parked regen , do you have the soot light on in the dash ?
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.
Hi there ! Just looking for an update on this ! Do you still need help ? Happy to assist until your question is answered . Let me know ! Thanks .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes. I'm still looking for some help.
I'll get you the vin #, but that's the thing. The DPF light doesn't come on. I took it to the dealer and they cleaned the filter and the injector or gasket around the injector (something like that,) and the Caution light, the upside-down truangle came back on. I read somewhere that it might be the EG...something system. I don't know what to do.
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.
The upside down triangle is a caution lamp only. It tells us that there is a problem with one of the systems on the truck. It could be Abs , Engine or tranny. When the caution lamp comes up, look in the display and please tell me what it reads! Abs, warn engine or check trans?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2010 prostar premium with a cummins, VIN# ***** and it says *Warn Engine.
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.
Do you have a way of checking the Engine codes?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had them checked by a mechanic like a month ago and he said it was a catalyst code.
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.
Can you remember the code number ? Or call him and get the printout or the code number?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'll try
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.
Sounds good thanks . It would help greatly in narrowing down how to troubleshoot.