Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

We have a caterpillar c7 acert engine. Has no power. Code coming

Customer Question

We have a caterpillar c7 acert engine. Has no power. Code coming up in snap on prolink says its has code PID 259. What does that code mean? Originally towed in because of an oil leak. There was an o-ring for high pressure oil line defective. Replaced and repaired oil leak. No power issue occurred after this repair
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Cat Man replied 1 year ago.
Hi. Thanks for asking your question! I will try and help you out.
Unfortunately code 259 is not on the C7 code list. Sorry. Many times the snap on or prolink scanner do not show the correct numbers. I would like to try and pull codes with the cruise control switches. If you have never done this. Here is how.
Use the following procedure to retrieve the flash codes from the check engine light:
Turn the ignition key switch to the On position/ Engine OFF.
Turn the cruise control ON/OFF switch to the OFF position.
Move the SET/RESUME switch to either position. Hold that position until the yellow lamp begins to flash.
The yellow lamp will flash in order to indicate a two digit flash code and the SET/RESUME switch may be released. The sequence of flashes represents the system diagnostic message. Count the first sequence of flashes in order to determine the first digit of the flash code. After a two second pause, the second sequence of flashes will identify the second digit of the flash code.
Any additional flash codes will follow after a pause. These codes will be displayed in the same manner. Flash Code 55 indicates that No Detected Faults have occurred since the ignition key switch has been turned to the ON position.
Let me know what two digit code you get and I can tell you what the problem is.