Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

I have a mack trident with 470ccrs and maxitorque it shudders

Customer Question

I have a mack trident with 470ccrs and maxitorque it shudders in second hi at 40 kms an hour 1500rpm have replaced uni joints and center bearing
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. If the ujoints are tight and new check the yokes for looseness by pushing up and down on the driveline with the wheels chocked and brakes released to remove driveline strain or be sure there is no strain on the driveline and on a level surface before checking. Check the driveshaft for signs of missing weights( out of balance) or out of phase yokes that would also cause vibration. If ok check the suspension bushings and torque rods at the rears for excessive wear causing misalignment. Finally look for a possible input shaft or pilot bearing problem causing a vibration under a load at the input shaft of the transmission. Look for play in the yokes of the power divider, rears, and trans output shaft. Let me know.