Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience:  ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician
9290743

Left headlight marker and clearance light inoperable what color

Customer Question

left headlight marker and clearance light inoperable what color is wire
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.What is the year, make, model of vehicle?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2005 peterbilt 387
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.
You have all 3 lights out? Headlight, clearance, and marker? On the marker lights, black is ground, brown is the marker light for the Peterbilt. Some have orange/black striped for the power as well. Headlamp is red for low beam, blue/white for high beam, and black with stripe for ground. I believe one is black/yellow and the otehr is black/green if I recall correctly. If you have more that one out, you might find an issue with the harness going to that section or and issue with the ground. Check the harness at the hood swivel to verify that the plug there didn't come loose or unplugged, wires pulled, etc. __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,touch, smell, hear, or taste the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.The system DOES NOT automatically give me credit from your deposit. A rating is REQUIRED. You are rating me for the information I provide,not the website. I have no control over the site fees, site errors, category errors, or how long it took for a response for these reasons.I am not an employee of this website, so please rate with a POSITIVE (green) rating for me to get credit for assisting you. You still paythe website for negatives or by not rating at all. I just get nothing from that payment you made. So please rate each answer I provide.I want you pleased with my service to you so please inform me before rating negative (red) and I will do my best to make it right. Followups for same question are always free after ratings have been made.I do have many workshop manuals, diagrams, etc that I pay to get access to out of my pocket. If one is needed, please ask and I will giveyou an offer at my technician discounted cost to you for such manuals. I never charge above that cost.Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!Jeremy
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.
I see you looked at this. Did you need any more assistance with this?