Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience:  ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician
9290743

Will a egr delete cause engine problems on a Detroit 60 se

Customer Question

Will a egr delete cause engine problems on a Detroit 60 series
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.To answer this questions simply, Yes. It will create a lot of engine problems unless you fully reprogram the ECM. Plus, it will fail every DOT inspection hasn't had the items "covered up" like a fake filter in place, etc. California will not let you enter their state, neither will Illinois after this year. Remember, doing a delete is illegal and can have your vehicle impounded. It is rare that it has happened, built I have had many customers return to have the deletes removed due to them getting hit with $10k fines or fix-it citations. So keep that in mind as well when doing a delete. __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I can't see, touch, smell, hear, ortaste the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.The system DOES NOT automatically give me credit from your deposit. A rating is REQUIRED. You are rating me for the information I provide,not the website. I have no control over the site fees, site errors, category errors, or how long it took for a response for these reasons.I am not an employee of this website, so please rate with a POSITIVE (green) rating for me to get credit for assisting you. You still paidfor negative and no ratings I just get nothing.I want you pleased with my service to you so please inform me before rating negative (red) and I will do my best to make it right. Follow upsfor same question are always free.Thanks,Jeremy