Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience:  ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician
9290743

02 freightliner detroit 60Tablet hooked to ecm.... electronic

Customer Question

02 freightliner detroit 60
Tablet hooked to ecm.... electronic logs
Intermittent problem
Throws code for ambient air intake pressure low voltage
Sensor replaced.... sensor harness replaced
When code being thrown 1 cylinder shorting out also... turn truck off and it will reset and go for 20 to 100 miles before it trips again
I'm finding it hard to believe it's the ecm....convince me it is plz
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.What does it do? Just kick the Ambient code only or do you get other codes, issues with it? With the tablet, what program are you using? Is it DDDL by chance?Did you replace the whole harness or just the section for the ambient air sensor?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When code is thrown 1 cyl cuts out
Turning key off for at least 5 min resets... Might lastly 5 min or
Hour before happens again. Fan comes on few min b4 code
Tablet just list codes and # ***** times
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Electronic logs and has fault code tab
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.
I'm not sure how the log system would have any reason to fault on the baro sensor. They don't go together, except at the ECM. I have had Qualcomm cause an ECM to throw false codes and had to get the Qualcomm reset, in particular the MCP unit. Peoplenet I don't have issues with, normally, but they throw false codes on the unit itself and not the ECM.Now you change the harness and the injector, but still get the code and the ECM codes still come back, you could have a driver issue in the ECM or you could have a bad ECM. To test, we use DDDL and do a NVRAM test on the ECM to see if the software holds into the NVRAM (Non-Volatile RAM) as it should or if there are spike in voltages showing. We then run a cylinder cut out test while monitoring the injector voltage curves to make sre the voltages are there like they should be.If you remove the ECM plug, are there any signs of oil, moisture, corrosion at all? That can indicate and issue in the ECM. Another thing to check is to geel the ECM when this happens. If the ECM feels hotter than the cooling plate or the temps read higher with a temp gun versus the cooling plate, the ECM could be shorting internally. The only real way to test it is with the DDDL program and to actually monitor the truck when it is being test driven with a recording done or on a dyno. Otherwise it is hard to tell.What logging ystem are you using? Is the code just on the logging system or is it on the truck dash (check engine light) as well? __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I can't see, touch, smell, hear, ortaste the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.The system DOES NOT automatically give me credit from your deposit. A rating is REQUIRED. You are rating me for the information I provide,not the website. I have no control over the site fees, site errors, category errors, or how long it took for a response for these reasons.I am not an employee of this website, so please rate with a POSITIVE (green) rating for me to get credit for assisting you. You still paidfor negative and no ratings I just get nothing.I want you pleased with my service to you so please inform me before rating negative (red) and I will do my best to make it right. Follow upsfor same question are always free.Thanks,Jeremy