Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience:  ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician
9290743

FREIGHT SHAKER COLUMBIA: I got a 2006 freightliner columbia

Customer Question

I got a 2006 freightliner columbia vin #w29427 engine fan stays on all time. Replaced fan clutch soleniod and still no change, theirs no ground going to switch only 12 volt, had ecm check out and check out good, also replace a/c high pressure switch just to make sure and still no repair any idea why no ground is being supplied or may a wiring diagram
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I will try to assist you.What engine do you have?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
DDEC V SERIES 60
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the info.Your grounds are fully controlled via the ECM on this vehicle. I will provide one diagram that will show the ECM pins for the fan control. It will need to be determined if the ECM is sending out a ground or if there is an issue in the wire. Best option is to use a wire pin that you can insert into the harness connector and see if there is a ground at the ECM or if it is OL.See the diagram here. __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I can't see, touch, smell, hear, ortaste the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.The system DOES NOT automatically give me credit from your deposit. A rating is REQUIRED. You are rating me for the information I provide,not the website. I have no control over the site fees, site errors, category errors, or how long it took for a response for these reasons.I am not an employee of this website, so please rate with a POSITIVE (green) rating for me to get credit for assisting you. You still paidfor negative and no ratings I just get nothing.I want you pleased with my service to you so please inform me before rating negative (red) and I will do my best to make it right. Follow upsfor same question are always free.Thanks,Jeremy