Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

I have a fl 70 with a 8.3 isc. I am starting to get some oil

Customer Question

I have a fl 70 with a 8.3 isc. I am starting to get some oil coming out from behind the timing indicator dial. what would that be and how to repair
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. What do you mean by timing indicator dial? Are you referring to the front timing cover and front pulleys? Let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the wheel is about 2.5 inches across ,it is not one of the pullys. it spins when the engine is running ,directly behind it on the other side of the timing chain housing it is the injector pump
Go to this link and see PDF page 234 -239. This sounds like what you are referring too. http://cumminsfirepower.com/documents/CFP08E%20%2812%29.pdf
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
this is the spot im talking about how does this plastic wheel come off. so I can see behind it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
o I looked at this cover and took it off it is cracked where can i get a new on my local fyda dealer cant findone
Thanks for the update. You can order it by engine serial number from any truck dealer that is Cummins certified.