Andy, Truck Diagnostic Technician
Experience:  International trucks, International, Maxxforce and Cummins engines, diagnostic, electrical, Hvac and refrigeration repairs
30303843

Working on 2006 Freightliner M2 getting a spn 2003 fmi19

Customer Question

Working on 2006 Freightliner M2 getting a spn 2003 fmi19 code truck will not start, trans controller doesnt come on either checked fuses checked battery connections still no power to trans
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I would like to try and help if I can ! Here is the meaning of the fault code you have : SPN 2003 19 -Missing Transmission CAN Message -Received network data in error The transmission ECU must not be powering up ! This would explain why it won't even crank . There needs to be a neutral signal in order to allow the starter to crank . If the tranny ECU is not providing a neutral signal , you will not be able to crank over . If you can provide the full vin number , I may be able to dig up the wiring diagram so we can load test the powers and grounds at the ECU .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1FVACXDC76HW31240
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the info ! I will look it up !
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.
Can you please tell me if this has an Allison transmission or a Meritor transmission ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks I'm taking my pro link and WiFi there in the morning see what I come up with too
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Its allison
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.
ok Here is the diagram for the Allison 1000, and 2000 models :
https://www.dropbox.com/s/jvqk9rh1hyjb8m8/allison%202000.png?dl=0
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you know where TCU is on m2 freight liner
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.
No but I suspect it is mounted near the tranny . That is where they are on International chassis . I work for an International dealer . I suggest disconnecting the TCU and load testing the power and ground pins using a headlamp . I would also test the ignition voltage coming into it as well but you may want to use a smaller lamp for the ignition circuit so you don't blow a fuse by accident . It is a lighter circuit and has a smaller fuse on it .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a snapon test like that tells voltage so it work on most anythi
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Andy I let you know what I find tomorrow
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.
Thanks . Please do not forget to rate my service to you ! That is how I am rewarded on here . Have a good night !
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.
Hi there ! Just looking for an update ! Do you still need help with this ? Let me know ! Thanks.
Please do not forget to rate my service ! That is the only way that I am rewarded on here ! Thank you !
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.
Hi there ! How did you make out ? Looking for an update on this ! Happy to try and help further if needed! Please do not forget to rate my service to you ! Otherwise , the site gets it all and I receive nothing for my efforts . Thank you !