Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience:  ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician
9290743

I have a 2014 r620 scania v8Is there a way to reset the

Customer Question

Hi i have a 2014 r620 scania v8
Is there a way to reset the service light my self?
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.
my name is ***** ***** I will assist you.Unfortunately, no. It has to be donw with a scan tool. EU EPA rules have locked it down where the trucks from 2012 on have to have the scan tools to reset service lights. In the states it is 2013 on.The only way to rest it yourself is to correct the code and then turn the key on, starting at key on engine off, turn the key off and back to on 5 times in 7 seconds to have the vehicle do a diagnostic and it will reset to a "inactive" mode. The code will remain, but the light will go out.