Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

Can you help me whit 2000 Allison transmission problem?

Customer Question

can you help me whit 2000 Allison transmission problem?
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 1 year ago.
Hi, It's Dan. I will be glad to try to help. Click on this link for the troubleshooting info and code retrieval procedures. Let me know what you have logged for codes. Troubleshooting manual

Let me know. The steps for troubleshooting are also covered as well. Be sure to check for burnt or sicolored oil and signs of friction material or metal in the pan or filter indicating an internal problem.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

hi we have a problem with Allison transmissions 2000. Is it possible to read codes without a scanner ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I check oil pen was clean no friction materials

or metal oil color was different then new but not burnt.

Any idea what this might be the problem?

Thanks for the update. Unfortunately you will need the Allison software connected or a scan tool that will read the transmission codes to retrieve the Allison fault codes. It might be worth having the truck scanned for codes to get the codes list then take the troubleshooting steps in the manual I provided depending on what codes you have. What are the symptoms you are having?

Hi Andrew, Did you get this resolved? Let me know if you need more help or please feel free to rate if my information has helped as that is how the experts receive credit for their time on the site.