Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

I have an 2004 C7 with a manitex S28102 crane unit...check

Customer Question

Hi, I have an 2004 C7 with a manitex S28102 crane unit...check the truck out closed the crane unit to travel ...upon arriving at jobsite and engaging PTO THE ENGINE WOULD NOT SPEED UP TO SET CRANE UNIT UP....THE CODE ECU 128 appeared on the dash...need help...
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Cat Man replied 1 year ago.
Hi. Thanks for asking your question! I will try and help you out.
Code 128!just indicates there's an engine code. I would like to use the cruise control switches to pull the codes. If you have never done this. Here is how.
Use the following procedure to retrieve the flash codes from the check engine light:
Turn the ignition key switch to the On position/ Engine OFF.
Turn the cruise control ON/OFF switch to the OFF position.
Move the SET/RESUME switch to either position. Hold that position until the yellow lamp begins to flash.
The yellow lamp will flash in order to indicate a two digit flash code and the SET/RESUME switch may be released. The sequence of flashes represents the system diagnostic message. Count the first sequence of flashes in order to determine the first digit of the flash code. After a two second pause, the second sequence of flashes will identify the second digit of the flash code.
Any additional flash codes will follow after a pause. These codes will be displayed in the same manner. Flash Code 55 indicates that No Detected Faults have occurred since the ignition key switch has been turned to the ON position.
Let me know what two digit code you get and I can tell you what the problem is.