Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience:  ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician
9290743

WHAT DO THE CODES 100 AND 250 MEAN TRUCKS?

Customer Question

WHAT DO THE CODES 100 AND 250 MEAN FOR MACK TRUCKS?
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.There should be more to those codes, like a MDI in front and a FMI behind.MDI 128 SPN 100 is oil pressure sensorMDI 144 SPN 250 is J1587 data link errorThe 100 code depends on the FMI as to the issue with it. The code 250 can be any link going to the Vehicle Module. It will be the hardest to check. It can be a loose wire, bad bulb, bad switch anywhere on the cab of the truck or a faulty wire from another module. It can even be the oil pressure sensor causing the errr since it runs through that module to the gauge in the truck.