Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

Dave:I've got a 1400b JCB. I've just had two cylinders

Customer Question

Hi Dave:
I've got a 1400b JCB. I've just had two cylinders rebuilt. But the fluid is foaming. I presume because of water. What's the best way to flush the system?
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. If you have milky water in your system it should be flushed and new oil installed in the system. Aeration can also be from air in the system from the air bleeding from the cylinders that were just replaced. To bleed properly you slowly move the cyl in each direction starting from the center and extending 6 inches more each time in each direction until you reach the end of the stroke. Let me know if this does not clear up your problem. If you did not bleed the cylinders this way you could be seeing the foaming from air.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tried to flush the system after replacing the two cylinders, and I did bleed them, but couldn't get at the drain plug below the tank. I drained a couple of pails of oil out by uncoupling from a cylinder and then added new oil. This helped but the oil is still pinkish and foamy. Will this hurt the machine? It doesn't get worked very hard.
Thanks for the update. Moisture in the system is hard on the pumps and other components as it will cause pitting and other damage over time. If you are in a colder climate in the winter the moisture will freeze and be abrasive as well as expand and create damage. I would flush the system more to try to get it out Some minor moisture might evaporate when the machine is ran up to temp.
Hi, Did you get this resolved? Let me know if you need more help or please feel free to rate if my information has helped as that is how the experts receive credit for their time on the site.