Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience:  ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician
9290743

Volvo vnl cummin: I have 2004 vnl volvo cummins at 1300 rpm

Customer Question

I have 2004 vnl volvo cummins at 1300 rpm has loud noise like timming is out and that is the top rpm.They checked test has exs press sender and egr val But they said it may be injecters
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It also sounds like there is a miss only at 1250 to 1300rpms . At lower rpms it runs fine for the most part .So will the egr val and exs.presser sender be the problem.Or injecter. and if injecter need checked or tested how is this done.
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.
If you have codes for the EGR valve due to excessive pressure, then the EGR is most likely the fault in this one.If there are no codes and the pressures look good on the Insite program, then the injector cut out test and balance tests with Insite need to be done to determine which injector is at fault for the misfire.