Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience:  ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician
9290743

Hey I have a 2009 freightliner flat bed with a Alison tranmission.

Customer Question

Hey I have a 2009 freightliner flat bed with a Alison tranmission. Truck came in for a bad torque convertor, Removed trans replaced torque convertor and all solenoids, internal harness and turbine sensor. Reinstalled transmission. Now when you put transmission either in drive or reverse while pressing on the brake pedal truck will stall out. Any suggestions?
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.
Is it like the Torque converter is locked in and that is why it stalls the truck?Any codes on the Allison Display? If hand shifter, and bulkhead codes on the dash?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
WE HAVE NO CODES AND NOW WE HAVE NO REVERSE...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thats what im worried about. Its a possibility that the torque converter may be locked. I hooked up the labtop with the alison program but there are no fault codes showing up. The display on the dash reads GH 164
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry code on dash actually reads bh 164
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just a heads up the truck did drive in but after the new the new torque converter thats when this problem started to accrue.
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.
There should be more to that code. There should be a SPN that follows. The 164 is the module for the cab showing an error on the bulkhead, which is usually do to a switch issue.It almost sounds like your torque converter is locked like you got the wrong one or it was bad from the box. Make sure your levels are good as well. What you are describing is the new converter being locked...