Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

07 international 4300 dt466. has brake pressure light and

Customer Question

07 international 4300 dt466. has brake pressure light and brake fluid light on with a alarm buzzer. exact same problem as what i'm reading here . Is the module there talking about that is faulty the remote power module or another module . I have checked
all connections and had it to international service dept and they told me all connections were clean to call meritor .meritor tells me the tech should have called them with the codes retrieved witch they didn't give me .Payed 129.70 hr for 2 hours so they
could tell me to call someone else
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. Copy and paste this link for the meritor troubleshooting manual. This will have the fault code revival procedure and the troubleshooting steps for the codes you get. Let me know. I will be away for the afternoon but will reply back if you need any follow up help on my next available log in.
http://www.meritorwabco.com/MeritorWABCO_document/mm39.pdf
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the reply this is the form i was reading that seemed to be the exact problem i'm having . is the module the tech is talking about the rpm module or a different one .http://my.justanswer.com/question/guest/bc6e578662ff420a8dcc2d3b55f48935
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i will get you the codes
He is referring to the ABS module and the electric brake pump motors. Some have dual electric motors. They should be coming on with the IGN switch on. Check that they are getting power and ground and are coming on. If not check the fuses, relays and harness. If there is power and ground but not working it would be the pump itself. Run through the manual to check for your codes and there is more in depth testing covered. I have to run for an appointment but can follow up later on my next available log in.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok I can get the Number codes but i cant find the button to get the blink codes .
Check down under the dash on the drivers side for a white square button... Let me know
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have searched the Intire bay . I can't find anything close to a button . Here is what mine looks like .
Thanks for the update. If yours does not have the diagnostic switch it will have to be plugged in with a laptop or scan tool with the wabco software to pull the codes unfortunately. You will need an interface with a 9 pin connector , laptop, and wabco program. The interface is usually any where from 400 dollars and up and the wabco program should be free.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok i have to figure this out , so im going to invest in navistar software , but I am wondering if your looking at the correct model truck because mine does not have the 9 pin connector either it has the 6 pin . I purchased a toughbook and am trying to find the right cable will any 6 pin deutsch cable work . I also have the genisys scanner but don't currently have the heavy duty unlocked as are repair facility just specializes in passenger vehicles ,I'm going to assume the navistar software will be better than the genisys software
Thanks for the update.... I'm out on the road today.... I'll have to looks into this further when I get back to my computer for you... It's tough to see on my cell.... If you have not already... Let me know the complete engine model and serial plus last 8 of your Vin....
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
model 4300 SBA 4X2 ,ENGINE DT466 225HP/2600 RPM GOV SPD
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
VIN : 7H435863
Thanks for the info. Click on this link as this is a list of the diagnostic cables and adapters. Let me know if you need more help http://www.turbotraining.com/NavistarDiagnosticTools.pdf