Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience:  ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician
9290743

2000 Ford F650 blend door not working. Changed actuator and

Customer Question

2000 Ford F650 blend door not working. Changed actuator and still not working. what could it be
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
anyone looking at this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
is anyone looking at this? When I signed on someone said they knew the problem and could help that was over an hour ago!!!!
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your concerns.
Where did you ask the question? I've been all over the board and I am not seeing a question that you asked other than this one. This question was also put in the wrong category to begin with and was just moved to this one, medium duty trucks.
Which door motor isn't working? The one for the heat/AC or the one for the vent/defrost/floor?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
AC/heat door
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
bought new motor and that is also not working.Could it be the temperature control switch?
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.
If you have the blend door and the blower motor not working, I would be thinking the temp control switch is bad.
Some of those on the F650s have a relay behind the temp control switch. Check to see if yours is there.
I do know that the fan control switch on the temp controls have a bad design to where they will heat up and melt, burning the switch and the harness. So check for that as well. That is very common on those trucks. I do several of them a month with how bad they are.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The blower motor and vacuum control to change flow direction both work.Took out the temp control switch and the wiring harness is okay.Where would the relay be located?Switch is discontinued and cannot get from auto parts store. Dealer item, do want to buy if not needed, cost will probably be high.Thanks,Joe
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.
Actually the cost for the switch itself is low. It is less than $25 last time I bought just the switch. The whole module is a different story.If you turn the switch on, test for power at the blower motor. Do you get power there or does it just sjow ground?On the relay, if it had one, it would be at the back of the module on the plug that goes to it. It's not tucked away or anything. It is very visible. Sounds like yours doesn't have the module.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The blower has power and runs fine and the door/damper that directs the air flow (feet, defroster, etc.) works as well. Only the blend door actuator doesn't work. There is no relay by the actuator. Any way to test the temperature control switch to see if power I getting to the actuator?
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.
Test for power leaving the switch on pin 2. That is what sends power out to activate the AC. Pin one, red wire, is power in. On the actuator, check for power going to it as you turn the knob. A lot of tiems when it is worn out, you can remove the actuator and it will then spin to indicate it is bad as well.