Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

We have a 2007 International 8600 with a Cummins ISM engine in it. Today, my driver was dr

Customer Question

We have a 2007 International 8600 with a Cummins ISM engine in it. Today, my driver was driving down the highway and all of a sudden the truck turned off on the highway, first we got the yellow ENGINE light, then the (ABS) light. Now the truck it cranking but will not start no matter what. Seems like maybe it's not getting fuel?
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from yo. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you call me on my phone?
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. Let me know what you have for fault codes logged and I will let you know the steps to take for troubleshooting. To pull codes. Copy and paste this link in your browser for the procedure.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVoqrA-RX9E
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, we will try
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay we have 9 codes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2023-14P613-14E639-14A228-254
(###) ###-####15092023104P132154This is what my driver told me he saw on the dash..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think the second to last two are two separate codes mashed together!
Thanks for the info. The codes with A are currently active. P means they are inactive codes.
23 2023 Gauge Cluster
3 Fault on Analog Input 4 above
normal when used for ambient light
Voltage above normal, or shorted to high
source
23 2023 Gauge Cluster
4 Fault on Analog Input 4 below when
used for ambient light
Voltage below normal, or shorted to low
source
23 2023 Gauge Cluster
11 Message ignition and switched
ignition do not match.
Root cause not known
23 2023 Gauge Cluster
12 Failure of non-volatile memory or
checksum fault
Bad intelligent device or component
23 2023 Gauge Cluster
6 Short detected in the panel dimmer Current above normal or grounded circuit
639
14
5
240
1600/ 34,35,36
Current gear, range inhibit and check transmission lamps not communicated to the ESC.
This means the body controller ESC is not communicating with the transmission.
613
14
1
1
N/A
HVAC Control Head air inlet fault
This is a motor fault in the evaporator module. This motor controls the door in the evaporator module duct.
Motor in the wrong position or jammed.
639
14
5
240
1600/ 34,35,36
PGN 61445-SA 3
Refer to the applicable transmission manual for this vehicle.
Refer to the Transmission section of this manual.
Check the fuses and inline harness between the battery box and ECM. Check all your fuses and relays and try swapping relays with a known good one. I will post the other code definitons here shortly
2023-14-150-2
Engine Controller not communicating with the primary EGC (150) or secondary EGC (250)
Loss of communication in excess of 10 seconds. Drivetrain J1939 data link.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay, thank you.
228:254 639_14 Wait to start lamp information not communicated to the ESC
150: 2 2023_14A engine controller not communicating to primary egc/ possible wiring/dash problem
This one here looks like it should be the last one you have.
225:1 1231_14A Drivetrain J1939 data link, an improperly addressed RPM module, or a missing
RPM module that the ESC is expecting
Check the fuse and harness in the battery box to the ECM. sounds like the ECM has lost power or ground and is not communicating. Let me know
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm not with the truck. My driver told me that the fuse in the box is okay.. what else could he do? I don't know where you are but it's 12:20AM and I think my driver has no choice but to sleep in that day cab... :(
Im in NH. If the driver has a test light have him test for power at the ECM plug. To check the power wires to the ECM you have to remove the OEM connector and check pin 38 for constant key switched power.
These are unswitched connections
Then power to 07, 08, 17, 18, and 28.
then check ground on sockets 29, 30, 39, 40, and 50.
Another possibility is the loss of engine speed signal from a failed sensor and I have seen the cam gear walk away from the cam causing a loss of speed signal. Have him check to see if there is any tach response
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How would he be able to check for tachometer movement of the truck is not starting? The gauges sweep when you put the key ON
If the gauges sweep then he should be able to see the tach at least respond while cranking which would indicate and engine speed signal. Also the check engine light should come on and cycle with the key on as well. If not the engine ECM is not communicating either from a loss of power or ground or a faulty ECM.
Hi, Did you get this resolved? I wanted to follow up to see what you found and if my information was helpful to you or if you still needed more help? Let me know and I will get this question closed out for you if you don't need further help with this. Please feel free to rate or accept if you found my information helpful as that is how the experts receive credit for their time helping on the site.