Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience:  ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician
9290743

2012 Freightliner Mercedes Benz Engine - Error Code. Eng 1,

Customer Question

2012 Freightliner Mercedes Benz Engine - Error Code. Eng 1, Diag 2, Diag 1 - Truck gives warning and stops.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your concerns.
Is that the exact code you are getting? Is this a M2 Freightliner by chance?
_________________________________________________________________________
You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I can't see, touch, smell, hear, or
taste the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.
The system DOES NOT automatically give me credit from your deposit. A rating is REQUIRED. You are rating me for the information I provide,
not the website. I have no control over the site fees, site errors, category errors, or how long it took for a response for these reasons.
I am not an employee of this website, so please rate with a POSITIVE (green) rating for me to get credit for assisting you. You still paid
for negative and no ratings I just get nothing.
I want you pleased with my service to you so please inform me before rating negative (red) and I will do my best to make it right. Follow ups
for same question are always free.
Thanks,
Jeremy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry.....2012 freightliner cascadia
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for that information.
If you check that code further, do you have a SPN number? If not, there is a fault in the ECM itself. Either the ground on the batteries is faulting or the NVRAM in the ECM itself is faulting. Did you travel somewhere that had lightning or a lightning storm pass over your vehicle? I usually see these codes on those MBE/DD series engines when they were struck by lightning like through the trailer or something. (I'm in Florida so it is very common here)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I retrieve the SPN number? And yes.....the truck travels in Florida.
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.
It will follow behind the code. If you have no SPN, then the failure is in the ECM itself usually.
When you press the enter button on the steering wheel, the code continues. You would get that before the diag 2 code.