cumminsdr
cumminsdr, Mechanic
Experience:  All types of Cummins applications
28984014

N14 cummins ecm fault code s251 also shows code f04?

Customer Question

Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  cumminsdr replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer! I would be more than happy to assist you today. Loose power and ground connections will cause this faultas well as a bad battery and If the ECM unswitched battery supply is taken from the starter, check for low voltage during cranking. Low voltage during cranking can cause the ECM power supply to drop below specifications and log Fault Code 434. Optimally, the unswitched battery supply for the ECM will be wired directly to the battery.
Refer to Troubleshooting Fault Code t05-434
CODE REASON EFFECT
Fault Code: 434
PID: S251
SPN: 627
FMI: 4
LAMP: Yellow
SRT: 00-614
Battery voltage at pins 20, 21, 22, and 23 of actuator harness connector (relative to return pins 9, 25, and 27 of the actuator harness connector) fell below 6.2 VDC for a fraction of a second or electronic control module (ECM) was not allowed to power down correctly (retain the battery supply voltage for 3 seconds) after keyswitch OFF.
Possibly no noticeable performance effects or possibility of the engine dying or difficulty in starting the engine.
Expert:  cumminsdr replied 1 year ago.
Hello just following up. Do you need more assistance?Please don't forget to rate my service
Expert:  cumminsdr replied 1 year ago.
Please don't forget to rate my service