Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

I have a 95 379 Pete. I rebuilt the AC system and the next

Customer Question

I have a 95 379 Pete. I rebuilt the AC system and the next day truck started acting up. It stalls out when I let off the gas, it'll start back up no problem. We've changed ECM, and switch under the for pedal, no help. Also when I turn truck on if I touch the gas pedal it acts like I'm flirting flooring it. Also it seems that once truck warms up the problem rears it's head...thanks
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. What is the engine make and model in this truck?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's a Cummings N14 95 Pete
Thanks for the info. Are you getting any fault codes? Copy and paste this link in your browser for the engine schematic Ive uploaded for you. The AC circuit is in the lower left. Let me know what you get for fault codes.
http://www.mediafire.com/view/hp4pog60yohnbqm/Cummins_N14_Wiring_Diagram.jpg
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I got code 241 at first speed circuit. Changed computer, CENSOR under foot pedal, oil pressure censor
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
AC works fine after rebuilt
Copy and paste this link in your browser for troubleshooting of that fault.
http://www.mediafire.com/view/m84udl6g24e9upg/Cummins_flash_code_241_spn_84_fmi2.pdf
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where do I find this part
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
On the truck
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
will this make the truck just turn off when I press on fuel pedal and release it
It is the sensor at the output tail shaft of the transmission at the transmission yoke. To install you thread it in until it just contacts the gear/tone ring and back it out 1/2- 3/4 turn then tighten the jam nut. Check the harness and connector pins for damage and corrosion.
The ECM needs to see vehicle speed from that sensor and also it is for your speedo. Some sensors have 4 wires which are dual purpose for both speedo and ECM signal. When you replaced the throttle position sensor on the fuel pedal there is a calibration procedure. IGN on, press the pedal to the floor and back up to the top slowly 3 times then IGN off. Try that and see if the problem still exists
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'll do the calibration and speed censor tomorrow and get to you.thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can I call you after I try those if that doesn't work if so send #
You will still be able to follow up with me here as needed. Your e mail you used to post your question will be flagged with our responses so you can access this chat there.
Phone communication is offered at an additional service and fee but is not necessary unless you would prefer to follow up that way but I would have to send you an additional services request and there will be an added charge for that. Let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is what it's doing now, it'll start and run but when I let off the gas pedal to shift heard the truck shuts off
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I changed out the censor under the foot pedal and recalibrate it
Thanks for the update. Check the engine position sensor and harness near the air compressor as the engine might be intermittently loosing speed signal. If that checks ok then verify the ECM powers and grounds are good and there is no corrosion or damaged connector pins and wiring between the battery box, inline fuses, and ECM. With the engine running try to do a wiggle test on the harness to see if you can cause the engine to hiccup or cut out indicating a loose connection. Also is the check engine light coming on now and giving you any fault codes? Let me know
Hi, Did you get this resolved? I wanted to follow up to see what you found and if my information was helpful to you or if you still needed more help? Let me know and I will get this question closed out for you if you don't need further help with this. Please feel free to rate or accept if you found my information helpful as that is how the experts receive credit for their time helping on the site.