Andy, Truck Diagnostic Technician
Experience:  International trucks, International, Maxxforce and Cummins engines, diagnostic, electrical, Hvac and refrigeration repairs
30303843

I have a 2006 international 4300 DT466 engine vin 1htmmaam67h358764.

Customer Question

I have a 2006 international 4300 DT466 engine vin 1htmmaam67h358764. It has rough idle after warm up. Checked icp it is very irratic mostly ranges from 620-700 but it will drop to low 500s at idle.No codes present.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.
Hi there ! Sorry to hear you are having trouble! My name is ***** ***** I would like to try and help if I can ! Thanks for the info. Have you checked fuel pressure at the rail yet@?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No but I will and get back to you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No but I will and get back to you. Fuel delivery pressure stays about 60 psi
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Fuel delivery stays about 60 psi.
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.
Is egr position all the way closed ? And is it a bit hard to start?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes it is hard to start. EGR position ranges form 36% to 51% at idle.
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.
What about at key on engine off? What is it at then ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Andy,
I don't use this software very often it is always a struggle when I do. Not sure if I am doing this right for egrp engine off. By the way I am using the md32dlcII program. I went to the new graphical pid shortcut with koeo right clicked on graph selected add egrp. The graph came up for egrp the graph line stayed on the very bottom the whole way acrossed the screen.
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.
Just go to tests at the top . click on it then click on Koeo tests . You have to do a standard test first , then an output state low followed by an output state high test. Watch egr position to see if it matches egr control or desired whenever commanded. Also Egr valve should always default to 0 % at key on , engine off. If not , then this could cause hard start and rough idle .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Output state low test egrp goes from 0 to 105, output state high does not change egrp stays at 0
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.
OK but key on engine off is at zero too?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.
OK egr is likely OK but 105 % open seems a little fishy. Have you done a buzz test or injector test?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I have not be I will and let you know what happens.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you think it would be a good idea to remove & inspect egr valve.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Buzz test OK, injector cut out test all cyls change the same.
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.
What about relative compression test ? Have you done that? That tells us if you have even cylinder contribution across the board for compression or if you have a weak cylinder . This could indicate possibly a top end set could fix it .
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.
Hi there ! Looking for an update on this!Do you still need help ? Let me know !
Happy to help further if needed !
Please do not forget to rate my service to you at the end of this session ! That is the only way that I am rewarded on here . Thank you