Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

2007 EPA version Cummins ISL w/400 hp in a fire truck. Vehicle e

Customer Question

2007 EPA version Cummins ISL w/400 hp in a fire truck. Vehicle exhibits a significant lack of power, with blue/gray smoke coming from the exhaust in "1st gear"(Im guessing at either tip-in or at low speed with a high engine load?). No MIL, no oil in plumbing on either side of turbo. Being that this is in a fire truck, the truck doesn't get run often, but when it does, the engine usually isnt given the opportunity to idle down. Any ideas?
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
THe wastegate actuator is functioning properly as well.
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.
Hi there ! Sorry to hear you are having trouble! My name is ***** ***** I would like to try and help if I can ! Can we start with the engine serial number please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I no longer have the truck in my possession. The fire department decided to send it to cummins for diagnosis. Being a member, and a mechanic, they wanted me to look at it. I just wish they would have told me they were shipping it out before I payed for this. Thanks for the help though!