Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience:  ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician
9290743

I a trying to perform the park regen operation, I follow

Customer Question

Hi I a trying to perform the park regen operation, I follow all the necessary procedure but when i turned on the park/regen button the light just keep flashing and its doing the procedure. Is there something am doing wrong?
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from yo. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Video Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Superdave replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for using Just Answer.I will do my best to answer your question.What kind of vehicle do you have?What engine is in it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2011 kenworth with isx Cummings
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your concerns.
If you set the vehicle for regen, does the engine rev up at all?
Is the check engine light on with the flashing regen needed light?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Engine doesn't Rev at all.....yes the engine warn light is on also the triangle symbol with the DPF light but it's not flashing. When regen button is depressed light flashes but does not activate.
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.
That narrows it down. Not the greatest news, but I know what is going on here.
There is a fault in the regen system and the regen will have to be done by a repair shop. You reached the point of the need for a manual regen with monitoring is why it is not going through.
I suggest getting to a repair shop and have them do the regen and see why it has failed. Thee is a component on the system that isn't working right and the previous regen, whether driving or parked failed due to the regen not performing properly. That is why you are not getting the activation you are supposed to be getting.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I appreciate that. ...that's what I thought .......thank you so much for your help.
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.
You're welcome.
These regen systems are a pain in the... I'll leave it at that.
Have a good evening.
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.
Were you able to narrow the regen issue down?