Andy, Truck Diagnostic Technician
Experience:  International trucks, International, Maxxforce and Cummins engines, diagnostic, electrical, Hvac and refrigeration repairs
30303843

I still having Ac problems and also driver stated that the

Customer Question

I still having Ac problems and also driver stated that the 1st gears clutch having problem , do you have a shop I can take my truck or best place that they know what are they doing ?
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your concerns.
I'm presuming an auto shift?
What is the location you are at and I will look at the shop network list I have for the good shops.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2010 international pro star , At this moment is loaded on the way to Tewksbury MA, so the story is that the AC stop blowing cold air for a day and then start working back on. But then one day stop completely blowing cold air .we send it to the shop to replace the thermistor and update the system at the dealer and started blowing cold air againg , but after a week it stop blowing cold air again. Then, started working again after 24hrs , also was having so 1st gear problem on the clutch, but also the problem disappear and am afraid that Ac will go out again because it was like that before. Can you tell me about anything about this
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.
Hi there ! Sorry to hear you are having trouble! My name is ***** ***** I would like to try and help if I can ! Please try reseating the connections at the thermistors. You may have a dirty connection there causing your ac to cut in and out like that. Or it may be possible that you are low in freon and it is only working on the days that are hotter because you have higher pressures that day because of the temperature. It may need to be topped up if it hasn't been looked at in a few years.
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.
Have you had any luck with reseating the thermistor connectors ? They are the input sensors to the body controller . They tell the body controller what temperature the evaporator inlet and outlet temperatures are and then , the body controller decides from that information whether to turn the ac clutch on or off .
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.
Hi there ! Looking for an update on this!Do you still need help ? Let me know !
Happy to help further if needed !
Please do not forget to rate my service to you at the end of this session ! That is the only way that I am rewarded on here . Thank you