Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience:  ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician
9290743

Have a GILLIG bus with an ISM Cummins engine my code reader

Customer Question

have a GILLIG bus with an ISM Cummins engine my code reader comes up with pid 128 - 029 -3 engine 1 percent accelerator position , engine 2 voltage above normal or shorted high
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your concerns.
Did you have this code prior to the swap? The code is showing the Accelerator Position Sensor either being bad or there is a connection issue for that circuit.
I don't have Gillig diagrams so I can't point you in the right way for that, but I do have the ECM diagrams for the Cummins engine which has the inputs from the Accelerator. I just need the year of the engine and I can pull that up for you.
Check the Accelerator sensor to see if it is bad by chance.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is a 2003 ISM , with the wiring ins and outs to the computer would help me find the pins for the accelerator sensor signal wires . thanks this is a lot of help thank you again Dave sr.
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.
Look for pins 21. 26, 32 on the diagram I have below. Use pdf reader to blow it up to view. It will be on the top of the pin locations. You will see the pedal signal wires.
http://www.mediafire.com/view/x819fpbkqy1lfsp/ISM_CM870_CM570_4021384_Rev_3.pdf
I know that Gillig makes all their coaches by the serial numbers and I don't have access to their system so I can't get the vehicle info... This should help on the signal at the ECM though.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for all your help .
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.
You're welcome.