Andy, Truck Diagnostic Technician
Experience:  International trucks, International, Maxxforce and Cummins engines, diagnostic, electrical, Hvac and refrigeration repairs
30303843

I have a wipers troubleshooting on a 2000 freightliner Classic,

Customer Question

i have a wipers troubleshooting on a 2000 freightliner Classic, i replace the wipers control/switch, and nothing, i check with the test light the plug to the motor and no electricity, with the truck running, i check the central panel under the dash, and i don't see any wipers relay or fuse, does it have a fuse or relay somewhere?, can you help?
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Andy replied 2 years ago.
Hi there ! Sorry to hear you are having trouble! My name is ***** ***** I would like to try and help if I can ! Would a wiring diagram help you ? If so , can we start with the full vin number please ! Thanks .
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
1FUPCSZB5YLB89014
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
in the center under the dash is a door with access to the electric panel, behind the door is a diagram that doesn't shown no relay or fuse about wipers, doesn't say anything about wipers there
Expert:  Andy replied 2 years ago.
This vin is incorrect ! It is not working ! Can you recheck please ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
that is the correct vin #, now i have in my hands
the print out of partspro-major components from freightliner
Expert:  Andy replied 2 years ago.
Sorry but it 's not working in my resources . Otherwise , I would have been able to help you with a diagram . I will have to opt out and let someone else help you with this . I am sorry !
Expert:  Andy replied 2 years ago.
I will give it a try with just the year , make and model and see how many diagrams I come up with !
Expert:  Andy replied 2 years ago.
There are 4 different wiper diagrams for this unit depending on which system you have ! Would you like me to send them all or can you identify which system you have by looking at a label on the wiper motor. I would need the name of the company that made the wiper motor. Thanks
Expert:  Andy replied 2 years ago.
Hi there ! Looking for an update on this!Do you still need help ? Let me know !
Happy to help further if needed !
Please do not forget to rate my service to you at the end of this session ! That is the only way that I am rewarded on here . Thank you