Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

I have a 2005 4300 DT466 and wont start in the morning with

Customer Question

I have a 2005 4300 DT466 and wont start in the morning with out putting starter fluid afterwards it will start throughout the day but in the morning same problem any idea ?
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. check your fuel lines between your tank and pump for restrictions or leaks causng the system to suck in air. If ok then you could have a faulty check ball or pressure regulator. Check your fuel pressure to see if it is within specs and if it is dropping off for a possible fuel pump problem as well. If ok then check to see if there is any fault codes and see if there is a low ICP ( injection control pressure issue ) Low ICP will cause hard starting or a crank no start as the ecm needs to see sufficient ICP pressure to allow the injectors to fire. Let me know
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Dan, Going to try that and let you know.
Pleasure to help