dieseldan55
dieseldan55, Contractor
Experience:  Road Service mechanic for Volvo Construction.
11640745

Volvo vnl: , I broke down in the highway,,up hills and downhills

Customer Question

Hi, I broke down in the highway,,up hills and downhills the truck pops oil light and shutts off imedatelly
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I put 2 more gallons of oil and and still doing it, maybe some oil sensor is dirty or loose, but i dont know where they are located to look because underneath is very grease and dusty
Expert:  dieseldan55 replied 1 year ago.
Hello, i assume this is a d12 and the oil pressure sensor is located on the left side of the engine beside the computer in front of the plug. Some have two sensor in that location, the top one is oil pressure and the bottom one is crankcase pressure. Now its very possible that the sensor is bad, you should check the pressure manually but i doubt you can do that there. Suggestion would be take the fuel pressure sensor out of the filter housing and exchange for the oil pressure, just swap them. see if that helps until you can get the right sensor and i do believe the threads are the same.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where is the oil pressure sensor located
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The sensors you are telling me are above the big fuel filter in the left side
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I want to see how the oil sensor look like
This is what I could find on a D12 motor. I work on the construction side for Volvo not the road trucks. But the locations should be similar. Hopefully it will help you locate the sensor. Thanks.