Andy, Truck Diagnostic Technician
Experience:  International trucks, International, Maxxforce and Cummins engines, diagnostic, electrical, Hvac and refrigeration repairs
30303843

I have a 1997 int. bus with the at545. it recently started

Customer Question

I have a 1997 int. bus with the at545. it recently started losing its ability to idle as if under a load. its shifting down to first as it should but then it immediately "bogs down" at idle and will not let the engine free up at idle. It acts like the torque converter is not working right. whats your thoughts. Dan
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.
Hi there ! Sorry to hear you are having trouble! My name is ***** ***** I would like to try and help if I can ! Can we start with the last 8 digits of the Vin number please? And are you sure it is not overfull?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
vh498911 It was two quarts low when checking (warmed up and at idle) and it was after I brought it up to the "warm" mark on the dipstick that it started the symptoms. I drained the two quarts back out to try to get back to normal but it hasn't changed.
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.
Have you tried road testing it after draining the 2 quarts ? To pet the torque converter empty out to normal level again? Have you tried connecting with Allison software to check codes ? Perhaps this procedure will help?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/p56ldi9q99fx68k/shift%20selector%20operation%20and%20code%20manual.pdf?dl=0
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.
Hi there ! Looking for an update on this!Do you still need help ? Let me know !
Happy to help further if needed !
Please do not forget to rate my service to you at the end of this session ! That is the only way that I am rewarded on here . Thank you