Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

I have a 1996 Freightliner with a series60 Detroit motor .

Customer Question

I have a 1996 Freightliner with a series60 Detroit motor . the truck was running fine but had some oil leaks behind the compresser i had the engine steam cleaned and now the engine turns over but will not fire . i tried taking the air filter out and using starter fluid and the engine still does not fire . could the turbo have something to do with it ?
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. Near the air compressor there are TRS and SRS timing sensors that could have water in the connections or have failed. Check the harness and connector pins. Also check the ECM connectors for water shorting them out. Check the ECM inline fuse between the battery box and ECM and be sure the check engine light is coming on and cycling with the key on as it should. If not the ECM is is not communicating from either a loss of power or ground or a faulty ECM. Let me know